Friday, October 10, 2008

Week 7 Blog # 1

Ethnography

Ethnography is a system of mapping out the social discourse in order to discover who people think they are, what they think they are doing, and to what end they think they're doing it.  Griffin's description of Ethnography can be found on page 252 in chapter 19 of our book.  
I found ethnography to be meaningful because it really reminded me of the Phenomenological Theory in the sense that it was a continual study through a great deal of observation.  I think discovery through observation is simply one of the coolest possible ways to gain a greater understanding of anything.  Plus I've always been super interested in people who are culturally different from me because I always want to know how someone else's feelings differ from mine in any given situation.

~Tornn

No comments: